A problem behaviour is linked to how your pet is feeling. Simple training alone will not change this, but a qualified behaviourist can help you understand the emotions underlying your pet’s behaviour.
What to expect:
Only kind and gentle reward-based techniques.
Address the cause, not the symptom.
Learn what your cat is telling you by his/her behaviours.
Costs covered by many pet insurers.
There are of course many behaviour problems that can crop up but here are some that can commonly occur:
- Inappropriate toileting.
- Indoor spraying.
- Aggression to people.
- Intercat aggression.
- Aggression to other animals.
- Eating issues.
- Destruction in the house.
- Initial discussion to address any immediate welfare concerns.
- Vet referral – all professional behaviourists work on veterinary referral only to ensure there are no physiological issues underlying the problem.
- Fill in our behavioural questionnaire which will be analysed prior to consultation.
- The consultation lasts around 2 to 3 hours and takes place in your home.
- Learn what is driving your pet’s behaviour and build a personal plan for your pet which addresses the issues.
- Full written behavioural report provided after the session, outlining the issue and all steps to be covered.
- Follow on support over email/phone.
- Follow up practical visits when necessary/requested.
WHERE AND WHEN
- Consultation lasts around 2 to 3 hours and will take place in your home.
- Appointment times made when booking in.
BEHAVIOURAL ASSESSMENT SESSION
Duration: Up to 3 hours
PRACTICAL SUPPORT SESSION
Duration: 1 hour
To enquire about our behavioural services click below and fill in the simple enquiry form.
I contacted Emily to help me introduce a new kitty to my eldest cat. Since the beginning, Emily has been nothing but a blessing. She listened to all my concerns, came to my house for a session with both of the cats and has kept in touch since, helping me throughout this stressful time as my eldest has not taken the kitty too well and she was quite stressed. Emily is always willing to help, advise and available when needed. Highly recommend contacting Emily if you need professional advise for your little ones.
I have used Emily on two occasions. Both times she has helped me understand how to resolve the issues from the perspective of my cats. After moving home my two cats‘ relationship deteriorated. Emily helped me understand how they percieved their new home landscape and gave me great advice on how to enable them to navigate through areas that were causing tension and how to live alongside each other without feeling encroached upon. Important in our case after moving into a smaller space. The second visit was to help introduce a new cat into the household. Emily gave us some good strategies for introducing them and her encouragement gave us the confidence that it would work out alright, and it has! One of the things I was most impressed by is her ability to quickly understand each cats personality and therefore give insightful advice suited to each cat. Highly recommend.