WELCOME TO FAMILY PAWS
The relationship between pets and their families is such a pleasurable one. Our mission is the same whether you have a new pet coming into your family or need help with an existing one. The underlying principle of all our work is to help you achieve and maintain a great relationship, using purely reward-based methods.
I am a fully qualified trainer and behaviourist, working for the last 12 years to help canine and feline owners get off to the right start or overcome problems that have developed. I hold the Post Graduation Diploma in Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling, am a full member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors and am a registered practitioner with the Animal Behaviour and Training Council.
HOW I WORK
Family Paws specialises in putting together personalised training and behavioural change programmes for you and your pet using evidence based techniques which are force free and positively reinforcing. These methods increase confidence and develop a happy human-animal bond.
Every client is different! You might want professional advise before your new pet arrives home or just after. You may want set classes, or an individual programme at a certain point in time. Or you may require specific support with a behaviour issue. Family Paws can help you at any point in your journey with your cat or dog.
We offer hall-based training courses as well as personal training and behavioural change programmes which are home or outdoor based as appropriate.
Family Paws is based in Chiswick W4 and we cover the surrounding areas of West London.
Professional advice in a fun class environment.
- Learn new training commands.
- Meet up with fellow owners.
- Weekly training focus points to develop your skills.
- Follow on from one-to-one training sessions.
- Beginners courses for adolescents or older dogs.
- Focus in on commands that need more work.
- Develop your dog's ability to focus on you in the distracting outside world.
Your dog is never too young or too old to start your training journey. Private training allows you to:
- Have an individually tailored training plan to suit your needs.
- Start new training goals or improve on existing foundations.
- Be flexible with timing of sessions.
If your dog or cat is displaying a troublesome behaviour you need specialised advice.
- Work with a qualified behaviourist to understand your pet’s behaviour.
- Learn all about what is driving the behaviours you see.
- Use force-free, reward based methods to address the cause, not the symptom.
- Together we build a personal plan for your pet, which addresses specific issues.
- Fees can often be claimed from your pet insurance; check with your policy provider stating that your behaviourist is a full member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors.
To enquire about any of our services click below and fill in the simple enquiry form.
Snowy Socks is our rescue kitten that came to live with us at 12 weeks old. He was rescued by the RSPCA after being found abandoned with his mother and brothers and was nervous around people. As new pet owners we were very keen to make sure that his move to a new home was as stress-free as possible. Emily helped us with lots of advice in the first few weeks, including feeding, sleeping and general care. Her advice was amazing and took all the stress away. Snowy Socks is now a very happy cat and a much loved member of our family. And not at all nervous! Thank you so much Emily x
Vicky and Snowy Socks
As first time dog owners we found we were struggling to best support our newly arrived extremely nervous, anxious and reactive Romanian rescue Faith. Faith came to us as a one year old street dog who had never lived in a home before, completely untrained. Emily came recommended, so I got I touch with her and found that she was really helpful, patient and accommodating straight away. Emily has helped me understand Faith's body language, to look out for her triggers and to try and keep her fear from reaching the threshold. Without Emily's advice and support - I think I would be as stressed and anxious as Faith was!
Laura and Faith
As a new dog owning family we really needed help when Chilli, our loveable Dalmatian puppy arrived and turned our lives upside down! A home visit from Emily gave us lots of ideas to structure Chilli’s day, and night - a life (and sanity) saver. We progressed to her Puppy School training classes in Brentford and she had a lot of fun with the reward-based training method, weekly goals and some socialising. Chilli had a biting habit that Emily helped to sort out, and we now have a happy, friendly and confident pup who is a great addition to the family.